Wye Valley Flowers Access Statement:
In an Emergency
Details for our GP, Dentist, minor injuries and chemist are displayed in each tent and The Flower Barn. There is a First Aid kit in each tent and also the Flower Barn.
Wye Valley Flowers
Google maps: 51.736247210629855, -2.6355732707566415
Telephone: 07555 392173
The nearest bus stop is 100 metres away.
The nearest train station is Lydney or Chepstow, both 7 miles.
Lydney Dial-a-Ride offers accessible transport into the village and their office is open 0900 to 1630 weekdays Tel 01594 843809 & 01594 844558.
• The car park surface is loose, but compressed recycled tarmac.
• The main buildings: Showers, Flower Barn chill out, and field kitchen are all located in this area.
The Flower Barn
• From the kitchen, a steep ramp leads up to The Flower Barn, which is roughly 1:5.
• The floor is rough, with reclaimed scaffolding planks.
• The layout is open plan with multiple tables and chairs, which can be moved around.
• The light switch is located behind the sliding door entrance at a height of 112cm and a plug socket at 44cm.
• The Fire Door is to the rear of the building, descending down 3 steps (varying heights 20-28cm) and across gravel.
• The width of the bathroom door is 88cm, which opens outwards.
• The entrance has a low lip, from the loose gravel exterior.
• The bathroom floor is tiled.
• The accessible toilet and sink are a Mdoc pack.
• The designated shower for each tent is through an outward opening door (width is 74cm).
• There is a high step into the shower of 20cm.
• The bathroom vanity basin is set at a height of 100cm. The tap is lever operated.
• The toilet seat in this room is 26cm high.
• All door handles are lever operated.
• There is a front-loaded washing machine in the lobby of the shower room.
The Flower Farm
• The flower farm is uneven, with paths of mixed materials such as weed matting, wood chip or grass
• Transitions between surfaces are not always level due to moles, water logging, ice etc
• Paths between the raised beds are a minimum of 80cm
• There are frequent exposed canes and plant supports
• Border edges can be unclear and borders lower than the paths
• The poly tunnel is accessed through double sliding doors, from grass. It is laid to slab paths, but these can be obscured by leaning foliage in season. We operate a one-way system in the tunnel at busy times.