wye valley flower school
I first began teaching floristry in 2012 and have had the pleasure of meeting hundreds of students starting their floral journey and helping others gain new skills in sustainable floral mechanics.
We are a flower farm based on 13 acres in the stunning Wye Valley and Forest of Dean. Founded on a passion for all things floral and sustainable. We have a large Flower Studio on-site, which allows us to offer a range of floral workshops from April to December.
A typical workshop will talk you through the selection of seasonal flowers and foraged foliage from the farm, demonstrating the various techniques for conditioning to make the most of your blooms. Many of our courses also include a tour of the flower farm and there is always tea and cake!
It is the perfect gift idea and a great way to meet new people. Bring and friend to catch up and spend time together or just immerse yourself in good company whilst learning a new skill, in a relaxed atmosphere.
Wye Valley Flower School also offers professional courses – such as large-scale eco-installations, wedding flower workshops and Introduction to Flower Farming days.
This year we were voted the Stiletto ‘Best Florist’ across Worcester, Cotswolds and Gloucestershire by public vote and finished in the top five Nationally.
Workshop & Event activities include the likes of:
- Christmas wreath making – multiple dates and 4 venues for 2024, now in its 12th year
- PYO bouquet and cream teas – the perfect gift or bring a friend
- Our sell-out Dried flower wreath making – learn tips and tricks for naturally preserving cut flowers
- Creating a cutting patch in your garden – perfect for someone new to gardening or those who wish to carve out a cutting patch in an established garden
- Our popular monthly Flower Club – come once or regularly to learn a new skill each month. We discuss sustainable floristry techniques and sometimes have guest speakers.
Most of our workshops start at £35, which includes all materials, tutoring, and refreshments. We will advise if you need to bring anything with you, such as secateurs – but we can supply some too.
We have accessible toilets on site and the flower barn is accessed by a ramp. Please email us for our full accessibility statement.